Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how to change alternator belt?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm in the process of changing my SC belt and alternator belt. if i cant get the damn alternator belt off, it's going to be only a SC belt change.

    out of curiousity.... how in the world do i loosen the tensioner for the water pump? I'm trying to replace my alternator belt, but need to move the other two belts out of the way. the first one i've loosened, now the other one, but it's impossible for me to reach the bolt as it's underneath the belt itself. someone help me out? i appreciate it.

    if i'm being a dumbass, please tell me and save me the trouble. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nevermind. a number of scratches, scrapes, and bruises later I managed it. what a fucking pain. i did my little victory dance around my driveway when i finally got it all back together.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL!

    I just did a victory lap through my house after getting a broken bolt out of a brake caliper bracket without messing the bracket or threads up!

    My family thought I'd lost my marbles.

    Now I'll just have to have A&H Motorsports overnight me a .50 cent bolt so I can race next weekend...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •